Saturday, November 4, 2017

Wonder Woman’s Backstory in “BATMAN V. SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE”

WONDER WOMAN’S BACKSTORY IN “BATMAN V. SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE”
I am sooooo disappointed in Gal Gadot.  Very disappointed.  I am certain that many had heard what she said at some press conference for “JUSTICE LEAGUE”.  She had made a claim regarding her character Wonder Woman aka Diana Prince.
Ms. Gadot claimed that director Zack Snyder had made a mistake with Wonder Woman’s backstory in the 2016 movie, BATMAN V. SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE”.  Quite plainly, she thought it was wrong of Snyder, along with screenwriters Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer to have Wonder Woman make the following comment to Bruce Wayne aka Batman in the movie:
“A hundred years ago I walked away from mankind; from a century of horrors… Men made a world where standing together is impossible.”
In other words, Ms. Gadot thought it was wrong for Snyder and the two screenwriters have Wonder Woman turn her back on humanity during the century between her activities in World War I and the events of the 2016 movie.  Here is the article.
I am certain that many agreed with her.  In fact, the online publication, The Mary Sue agreed with her.  I DO NOT.  I saw nothing wrong with Wonder Woman experiencing personal conflict following her experiences during World War I and Steve Trevor’s death.  It made her an INTERESTING CHARACTER and not some one-note Marble Model protagonist.  But noooooo  . . . Ms. Gadot had to make that declaration.  I cannot help but wonder if this is some major hint of Patty Jenkins’ desire to make next Wonder Woman film set in the 1980s.  If so, I could not give a shit.
To hell with it!  I refuse to accept what she said.  In fact, I’m beginning to wonder if the actress feels that she’s incapable of portraying Wonder Woman as a complex individual.  Furthermore, Ms. Gadot’s words have now lessen my enjoyment of both “WONDER WOMAN” and any future film featuring the Amazonian princess in this current franchise.

No comments: