Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Top Favorite "THE WEST WING" Season One (1999-2000) Episodes
Below is a list of my top favorite episodes from Season One of NBC's "THE WEST WING". Created by Aaron Sorkin, the series starred Martin Sheen:
TOP FAVORITE "THE WEST WING" SEASON ONE (1999-2000) EPISODES
1. (1.19) "Let Barlett Be Bartlett" - A leaked memorandum criticizing the Josiah "Jed" Bartlett Administration emphasizes a malaise felt by the staff that they were not getting things done.
2. (1.07) "State Dinner" - A multitude of problems arise while the West Wing staff prepares for a state dinner for the newly-elected president of Indonesia. Stockard Channing guest-starred
3. (1.16) "20 Hours in L.A." - During a 20-hours visit to Los Angeles, President Bartlett meets the new bodyguard of his daughter Zoey. Meanwhile, Deputy Chief of Staff Josh Lyman races to prevent the cancellation of a fund raiser dinner and back in Washington D.C., Chief of Staff Leo McGarry needs Vice-President John Hoynes to break a tie in the U.S. Senate. Bob Balaban, Marlee Matlin and John DeLancie guest-starred.
4. (1.15) "Celestial Navigation" - During a lecture in Georgetown, Josh recounts a series of small and big incidents, including the arrest of the President's Supreme Court nominee, a Latino judge named Robert Mendoza, who was targeted for "driving while Hispanic" in a Connecticut town. Edward James Olmos guest-starred.
5. "He Shall, from Time to Time . . ." - When President Barlett collapses from what is believed to be the flu, Leo discovers from First Lady Abigail "Abby" Barlett that the President had been diagnosed with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS). Stockard Channing guest-starred.
Honorable Mention: (1.22) "What Kind of Day It Has Been" - President Barlett deals with a stealth fighter being shot down over Iraq, while the staff helps him prepare for a town meeting in Rosslyn, Virginia.