Monday, November 18, 2019

Other Food at Walt Disney World Resort



Along with the food I had sampled at EPCOT’s Food & Wine Festival, I also enjoyed the dishes listed below at other parks and resorts at the the Walt Disney World Resort:



OTHER FOOD AT WALT DISNEY WORLD RESORT



Beef Empanadas Platter: Fairfax Fare (Hollywood Studios) - I had purchased this dish, served with rice and some corn salad (don’t ask) at the Hollywood Studios because I had forgotten to sample the empanadas served at the Food & Wine Festival. It was . . . mediocre and not very substantial.





Chicken Pot Pie: Columbia Harbor House (Magic Kingdom) - Despite the lack of a crust, this chicken pot pie proved to be surprisingly delicious. Unlike the image, I had homemade potato chips served with my pie.





Hawaiian Tamarind Flavored Chicken Wings: Captain Cook's (Polynesian Resort) - One could never call me a big fan of chicken wings, but I must admit that these in particular were excellent thanks to the sweet and sour flavor of the sauce.





Land and Sea Platter: ABC Commissary (Hollywood Studios) - My sister and I shared this surprisingly delicious and filling platter that featured chicken strips, pieces of fried fish, shrimp and french fries.





St. Louis Pork Ribs: Flame Tree BBQ (Animal Kingdom) - These ribs have always been a mixed bag for me. When I first had them years ago, I found them disappointing. The last time I had them (seven years ago), they were delicious. This year? They were okay. The cole slaw and baked beans sides were more than delicious.





Sweet and Spice Chicken Waffles: Sleepy Hollow Refreshment (Magic Kingdom) - Served with homemade potato chips, this chicken waffle sandwich was absolutely delicious. However, the chicken may have been a tad too hot at times.





Fish and Chips: Yorkshire County Fish Shop (EPCOT) - What can I say? Well, my sister had said it best . . . they were perfect. Perfect!





Pork Fried Rice: Captain Cook's (Polynesian Resort) - A delicious fried rice dish topped with slow-roasted pork. Although not a big fan of fried rice, I thought it was pretty good. And the amount of roast pork nearly overwhelms the fried rice.





Beef Nachos: Pecos Bill Tall Tales Cafe & Inn (Magic Kingdom) - Well, this dish really blew my mind. This was the best version of nachos; served with ground beef, corn salad, salsa and sour cream; I have ever tasted. And I did not have to deal with any faux cheese sauce (which I loathe) ruining it. Two thumbs up!





Plantation Key Pork Chop: Olivia’s Cafe (Old Key West Resort) - Olivia’s Cafe is known for its fried chicken breast. But honestly, I think this grilled bone-in pork chop, brined and glazed with an apple-white balsamic gastriqu, beats it. Along with the pork chop was an excellent salad made with sweet potatoes, apples, onions, arugula, cranberries, candied nuts, mixed an apple vinaigrette.

-----------------------------------------------------

Have any of you can recall any memorable dishes you had experienced at Walt Disney World Resort?

No comments: